January 19, 2017
We Have Big Dreams: 2017 Goals and Objectives
Here at Fight For Life Foundation – we have BIG dreams! We’re so excited to share our vision for 2017 with you and are confident in the goals that we’ve established.
In case you don’t know, the mission of Fight For Life Foundation is:
“to develop within underserved youth the social and emotional capabilities needed to build healthy families, communities, and contribute to the economy in a positive way. By partnering with school systems and structured summer programs, we will implement comprehensive programming that not only improves the educational skills of K-12 students, but also develops their social and self-awareness capabilities.”
We want to positively affect the way students think and act. When we succeed, our families, communities, and economy become stronger and grow because schools will produce more healthy adults that contribute to society in a positive way. How do we do this? By rooting our approach in creative, fun, effective, and innovative techniques that help children learn to become healthy adults.
Here are just a few of our goals for 2017:
1. Increase the number of schools utilizing the Building Dreams program from four to six by expanding our partnership with IPS and local township school districts.
2. Impact the lives of 5,000 youth – teach 5,420 K-12 youths the benefits of improved social emotional skills in 2017.
3. Improve both academic performance and attitudes of students in grades K-5 at participating Building Dreams elementary schools as seen through improving achievement scores and a greater motivation to learn and complete schoolwork.
4. Develop new video marketing materials to effectively drive marketing communications and become a leader in educational programming.
5. Expand our corporate and community partnership program to connect businesses and the students that we serve.
We firmly believe in the impact that Social Emotional Learning has on youth and have witnessed it’s positive effects through each of our programs: Building Dreams, RAP, Seal the Deal, and Be A Blessing. Through strong community relationships, corporate partnerships, school administrators and teachers, together we can pave the way for the future of Indianapolis and beyond.
Let’s make 2017 our best year yet!