September 28, 2016
100 Ways To Be Kinder
- Acts Of Kindness
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” ~Dalai Lama
Acts of kindness makes us feel good, valuable and alive. Think about the last time you went out of your way to be kind to someone. Didn’t it make your day too? Many people extend kindness as part of their good nature, but what if we made a more conscious effort to be even kinder by practicing kindness regularly? We will be spreading good feelings and making a difference that has a lasting, ripple effect and undoubtedly changing the world.
Practicing random kindness while expecting nothing in return except the good feelings that these acts provide is life-giving. Below are 100 ways to “pay it forward” as the term has been coined. Some are simple and some might take you out of your comfort zone. At the end of your life, what a better way to be remembered than that of a “kind” person.
1. Pay for the person behind you at the drive thru. Whether it be a coffee or a whole meal. Make sure to stay anonymous and relay a friendly message to the person like “Have a nice day!” or “Spread kindness and pay it forward”.
2. Leave a gift for someone in a random public place such as on a park bench, at a bus stop, the library, a coffee house, or restaurant. You can even stick around and catch them finding your gift to see their reaction!
3. Praise someone at work for a job well done when the occasion arises. Best to do this in front of other coworkers or his or her boss.
4. Tutor a younger person in reading. You can find a local literacy volunteer organization through a Google search on “Literacy Volunteers Your State.”
5. Send someone you know who is going through a difficult time a card, flowers, cookies or some thoughtful expression that lets them know that you care and are thinking of him or her.
Source: virtuesforlife.com | Re-Post Fight For Life 9/28/2016