July 25, 2019
Fight for Life’s Community Partnerships
- Building Community
We are excited to announce several new strategic community partnerships that will continue to support our mission to help deserving but underserved youth develop the social and emotional qualities needed for success. We appreciate Community Health, Marian University and Papa Johns Pizza for their support in partnering with Fight for Life.
The partnership will consist of:
- Covering the technology licensing fees for 6 Building Dreams Pilot sites during the 2019-20 school year.
- Community Health school nurses and behavioral health specialists will track and manage student behavior through the Building Dreams platform.
The Partnership will consist of 3 phases:
- Step 1 – Marian University will host the 2019-20 Building Dreams Training Seminar.
- Step 2 – Building Dreams Teachers will have the opportunity to attend two cultural competency professional development trainings at Marian University.
- Student engagement – Host field trips for Building Dreams students at Marian University.
- Parental engagement – Host parent wellness retreat at Marian University.
- Connecting Classrooms – Marian University students will help refine the Building Dreams curriculum, working to solidify the social-emotional learning lessons within the program. Through this relationship, we will create a more cultural competent social-emotional learning program.
Papa Johns Pizza
- Papa John’s will provide to FFLF 50 gift cards a month to use to incentivize students hitting learning goals and most importantly parents/guardians that actively participate with their children’s progress through Building Dreams program.